Sunday, February 8, 2009

Old Blog - 12.29.2005

Thursday, December 29, 2005 

2005. A Recap.
Current mood:  nostalgic 
Category: Life

At the end of every year I like to do a little personal inventory: highlights, lowlights, memorable moments, memorable people. Usually this is done in my journal, but thanks to blogging, which still holds a lot of novelty for me, now you all can be privy to this information which probably means nothing to you. But here it is anyway.

2005. A Recap.

New Shows Added to My Resume:
No No Nanette
The Music Man
The Secret Garden

New States Visited:
Nebraska
Iowa
Indiana
Illinois
Ohio
Connecticut

Star Sightings:
Claire Danes
Keith Hernandez

New Experiences:
NY Showcase
First NY audition/interview
First speeding ticket
Learning the Yorkshire Dialect
Choreographing 100 7th Graders

Non-Theatre Jobs Held:
Barista at Coffee People
Marketing Assistant for Nationwide Insurance
Babysitter
Marketing and Sales/Page's Errand Bitch at Off the Wall Magnetics

New People Enhancing My Life:
Erik
Yoni
Maria
Kristi 
Megan 
Felicia
Adam
Reed
Chelsie
Isabell
Amy
Kristen
Eloy
Bill

Favorite Memories:
Mardi Gras
Margaritas with Dave Clemmons
St. Patrick's Day in the Village
Disney Erotica Party
"No More Nanette" (and "Have You Seen My Baby? Booyah Booyah")
Birthday at the Rio
Thomas's MT Video
Road Trip
Karaoke in Connecticut
Wicked with my RoommateSisterFriend
Taylor the Latte Boy
Dublin Pub
The Missing Shoes
Pappacinos
Dressing Room Moments
The Boiler Room
Adam's House
Cannon Beach
Steven Nash's House
Danny Black's Jazz Classes
7-Dollar Christmas Adventure 

Lowlights:
Ohhh you guys don't want to hear those, do you? Honestly, nothing specific comes to mind. Saying goodbye to people in Greeley was harder than I thought, living back at home with my parents has definitely had its moments, and I absolutely spread myself way too thin this fall with too many commitments. I'm not proud of my inconsistency with staying in touch with people (although myspace.com has definitely helped things) and I wish that I could have figured out a way to make more time for my friends here in Portland while I have been home.

Overall: Quite a bit of transition for me this year. I suffered through post-graduation trauma as I faced the realization that I can no longer hide in the safety-net of college. I ended up staying home longer than I thought. I got cast more in a few months in Portland than I did in four years at UNC. I made new friendships. I rekindled old ones. I gained an Argentinian brother. I met somebody special. I bought a plane ticket. Now I am preparing for another year of transition. I can handle it I think. I'm actually pretty thrilled for it to begin.

 

Happy New Year!!

No comments: