Sunday, February 8, 2009

Old Blog - 9.06.2007

Thursday, September 06, 2007 

..from my head, to my feet yeah...
Current mood:  pleased

"Super Gwen, perched from her balcony of power, fights the evil forces of the Equine Nation with her... SUPER BROWNIES!!" I chucked a brownie off my balcony in the direction of Super Nanc and Matt from Australia as they crossed over NW 20th to my building.

"Wait, let me get closer!! Okay, I'm ready. Throw another one down - I'm hungry!" shouted Super Nanc - known to some in less civilized parts of the world as 'Super Nank'.

Matt from Australia refused my offer, saying he didn't want a brownie. I pelted him in the head with one.  He was still cussing and wiping cream cheese out of his hair when I ran downstairs to say hello.

Two nights earlier, Rebekah and I followed Scott down the sidewalk of Hawthorne for fifteen blocks with a giant yellow bowl (known to some in less civilized parts of the world as a bedpan) of guacamole.  We offered guacamole to everyone in the 7-11, most of whom eagerly accepted.  The sweet boy behind the counter even asked for seconds.  A tip jar rested on the counter with a note explaining his intent to ride his bike down to Southern California to see his family - that he would appreciate any help anyone could give.  I gave him the twenty cents in change from my Diet Coke purchase; Rebekah stuffed three ones into the jar.

Because I wasn't paying close enough attention when baking my banana bread on Friday night, I accidently put in twice as much buttermilk as my recipe called for. I decided to remedy this predicament by simply doubling the recipe - except I was one banana and one egg short. The result? Four less-than-stellar loaves of banana-ish bread. Super Nanc noticed the difference, but Matt the Australian liked it and told me so even after I had assaulted him with a cream cheese brownie.  I'm hoping the panhandler down by Pioneer Courthouse Square enjoyed his loaf as well. I refuse to hand out money, but I'm not above being a little sweet.

No comments: